Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Brunch at Yahoola Creek Grill

My boyfriend (Chip) and I live in Dawsonville, both work in Atlanta, and Sunday is the only day we are both off of work. On Sundays we love to head up to Dahlonega or further up into the mountains to spend some quality time and almost always partake of one of our favorite restaurants. Our favorite new restaurant is the Yahoola Creek Grill on South Chestatee St. as you head into town from Hwy. 400-and our new favorite meal is their Sunday Brunch.
We have now been twice for their brunch and have enjoyed it immensely both trips. I am more of a breakfast person and Chip is more of a lunch person, so it works out great! The Yahoola Mini French Toast is to die for-French bread topped with bananas and chocolate hazlenut sauce, and the Yahoola Omelet with Canadian bacon and pepper-jack cheese is equally as good if not quite as decadent. Chip has tried both the steak and eggs and the pork chop with eggs and he raved about both.
The Grill is fairly new, opened in 2008, and there is a sushi restaurant downstairs we have yet to sample. It is a very nice, new building with a lot of exposed wood, stone and copper...and it has a nice deck out back we can't wait to try out once the weather warms up a little. We highly recommend the Yahoola Creek Grill-not every good place in Dahlonega is on or near the square!

Contributed by Katie Coffey, Dawsonville GA


Editors Note:

I got the email/review from Katie a couple of days before I was heading up to Dahlonega. I wanted to try out the brunch but I was running a little late in the afternoon. I did stop in for a late lunch and had a good hamburger with some fantastic fried sweet potato chips. I snapped a photo before I dug in (see below). You can check out the full menu and other info on the Yahoola Creek Grill Website.

No comments: