Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Logan Turnpike Mill

Strategically located just south of Blairsville on heavily traveled US 19/129, The Logan Turnpike Mill Store offers stone ground goodness in many forms. Corn, wheat, rye and buckwheat grown both locally and from sources across the country are milled on site with a vintage 1916 blue granite grist mill.
I had stopped at the mill a few months ago on my way home from North Carolina and purchased some of the buckwheat pancake mix they sell up front. The resulting pancakes at home were light, fluffy and about 3/4" thick - I knew I had found a favorite destination in the north Georgia mountains. On my most recent trip last month I came home with more of the pancake mix and a bag of stone ground yellow grits (pictured below).

The grits are good too! You just can't beat fresh stone ground products made with high quality grains. Some of the other offerings include biscuit and bread mixes. porridge mix and various syrups and condiments. All can be found at the store or online through their website: Logan Turnpike Mill

No comments: